Time to Get Cozy: Fall Home Maintenance Tips
With Fall officially in the air, it’s time to break out your cozy blankets and apple cider recipes!
And if you’re a homeowner, you’ll also want to complete a quick maintenance check on your property. But what aspects of your home should you be looking after?
- Rake leaves and aerate the lawn
- Remove leaves and debris from gutters
- Clean fireplace flues and check fireplace for damage or hazards
- Power-wash windows and siding
- Cover the inside and outside of your windows and doors to prevent drafts
- Replace batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors & if you haven’t already, make sure a smoke detector is installed on every floor of your home
- Drain and store hoses, and drain in-ground sprinkler systems
- Protect outdoor faucets and pipes in unheated garages by using insulation
- Inspect roof for missing, lose, or damaged shingles and leaks
- Check water heater for any signs of distress
While these can all be checked by you, the homeowner, it doesn’t hurt to have a professional take a quick peak too. Getting your furnace and ductwork serviced can help your home become not only more safe, but also more energy efficient. Think about having a specialist inspect and clean your dryer vent as well!
For more homeowner tips, stop by Alliance’s Blog!