Are you ready for the eclipse on August 21st?
The solar eclipse is a rare event that should be both fun and memorable. Safety is a priority for us and being prepared is an integral part of staying safe.
With that in mind and in response to safety advisories issued for those in the path of the solar eclipse, the following Alliance offices will be either closed or have limited staff and modified hours on Monday, August 21, 2017:
Tips for the eclipse:
- Be prepared for large crowds, long lines and an increase in traffic. Patience is key in staying safe.
- Expect cell phone service outages as towers could become overloaded with the influx of visitors.
- Have a plan to coordinate with family and friends such as where and when to meet in case something happens.
- Gather necessities such as food, water, snacks and emergency medical supplies early.
- Assemble an emergency kit with supplies in case of natural disasters and other emergencies.
- Top your gas tank off before the crowds arrive.
- Be sure to wear NASA approved eyewear when viewing the eclipse.
For more information on the eclipse for your state, visit this link and select your state: www.greatamericaneclipse.com